Monday, April 9, 2012

The Mt. Buntot Palos experience...



The one of a kind first time experience with my officemates. Three hours travel, five hours trekking and hiking but it is all worth it. Before this was planned, they make sure that I'm gonna join them with all my heart and fully equipped and prepared, they are having doubts because of Barbie doll act and dress up.

This is not my first time to climb, my first was in Batangas and it was fun though it is only 2 or 3 hours (I think) and the assault is not that tough. But Mt. Buntot Palos surprised me, It got a lot of tricky trek and cliffs, left and right, but it wont stop me to feel the adventure. It gives me courage and it challenge me to finish the trek. Without complaining I was able to finish the trek and with no sweat I survived!



Assembly time was 10am, we waited for others to finish their bloody report, waited for the van to pick us up. First stop was the Tanay Rizal's market, we had lunch there and bought everything that e need, food, cigarettes, snacks as in all the things that we need. Then travel another 15 minutes on a trike, then finally we reached the first part of the battle.



90degree assault is the first thing that will welcome you. It is hard because the gravity is pulling you down, but after 20minutes climbing that assault everything is easy. It is not that rainy season that time, but the past few weeks before our climb and beacause of the crazy global warming, it showered the place so hard. So there's mud everywhere, not just mud but a very thick mud. That is the most challenging part of the climb that I've encountered. Well you can choose between walking on the mud and let your feet step on those tricky-thick mud or be strong and brave enough to walk beside the cliff.



But as I've told you, everything is so perfect, we crossed a river, we even have a chance to try drinking a real rain forest water. Finally after the 5 hours trekking we reached the campsite we are all excited to set up all of our tents and we cook food right away. Everyone is so hungry and excited to eat. While waiting for the food, we made a side trip going down the cliff to see the waterfalls. You need to go down and finished the 80 degree assault going down, the only support that you can get and hold of are the stems hanging the roots and the bulky rocks. You also need to spread your legs so wide so you could reach the stone or the roots that supports your steps. You really need to have a strong resistance and flexibility whith this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment