Thursday, March 29, 2012

A sun-kissed tan from Anawangin



I'm a huge fan of Jhonny Depp and I've been dreaming of him for so long to get Pirates of the Caribbean escapade with him and get stranded on an island with him! Well, a dream comes into reality! Kiddin'! But I've been to an island that I will never forget. ANAWANGIN, a Lake Tahoe of Arizona version of the Philippines. The first time I saw the place, I fell in love with it already, it makes me forget that I'm in the Philippines, the place makes you travel into a different kind of paradise, no buildings, no highways, no noise, no garbage, no pollution, eveything is so perfect!


White sand in between of an ocean and lake, pine trees and mountain. I bet just reading this makes you excited and think that you wanna go there right now! Well, if I were you better pack your backpacks now leave your boss a sweet voice message that you will be having an emergency and you need to take a leave (just be carefull of what you post on you facebook's status for he might caught you! lol). I can assure you that you gonna love the place big time.


It was March of 2010 when I first visits Anawangin and it was a very unexpected trip. The set up is like, it is Friday night then my friend just texted me, "Hey tomorrow Zambales, I got you a ticket already!" and I was like WTF?! I only have 5hours to prepare (which actually if I plan a trip I need 1wk to prepare my things that I need to bring). So I hurrily dig up into my closet and packed my things right away not knowing what the hell we will gonna do in Anawangin. I just keep on asking them where we will be heading and what kind of adventure is waiting for us. They don't answer me and but keep on saying "basta abangan mo". It's like WTH?!

After a 5hours bus ride we finally reached the city or the town proper of Zambales, I thought we're there already but not yet, we just went there to buy some stuff, so I was expecting that we will gonna have some grocery shopping first and everything, but I'm wrong again! Some of my friends went to the wet market to buy all the things that hey need for cooking, but what surprised me most is that 2 of my friend is carrying a 2 5gallons of purified water!! You know the big round container that you have in your household with the dispenser? That's what they have, so it makes me think that this trip is really an adventure.

Then we rode a tricycle going to Pundaquit Island and again another expectation failure! I thought we're there already but actually thats the place where we rented a boat going to the island (boat is like 1200 and it is good for 6-7 person). It's almost 1 and a half hours sea travel and the surroundings amaze me so much! The water is so clear, corals, mountain view, clear sky and a sun so bright and the setting was so perfect!


After the one and a half hour boat ride finally we're there and it makes me only say HOLY MOTHER OF EARTH! The place is so amazing, I removed my slippers so I can really feel the heat of the sand and check if I still have a pulse, If I'm only dreaming or what but it is real, everything is real! Who knows that there is a place here in a Philippines where you can see an island like that! What amaze me most is the mountain besides the ocean the white sand and the pine trees! We fix our things set up our tents and some of them prepared our lunch and of-course me getting ready putting up my son block and bikini top and looking for a spot where I can lay and have a little sun kissed tan.



We stayed their 3days 2nights and everything is so perfect we played volleyball, cards, we even have our own version of amazing race. It will not be complete without drinking and we partied with bonfire and it is my first time to sleep at the dark where I can hear the sound of the waves and some cricket's sound, they are my lullaby that night and it puts me to a really relaxing sleep. I also experienced waking up in the morning with a very blue and clear sky with a happy sounds of the waves and birds creeping.

That was a 3days of fun, adventure, and thats how you really spell vacation. vacation = adventure. It makes me feel that I am still alive and I feel so lucky to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment